Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stable Relationships

Today I want to talk about something that not only applies to me personally at this time in my life but absolutely applies to everyone.  I think that if we all learned this early in our lives we would be better off. In my class we discussed a little on Dr. John Van Epp's book How to Avoid Marrying a Jerk.  The main aspect we covered was the R.A.M.  This stands for Relationship Attachment Model I believe it explains things clearly and honestly.
I want to explain this a little so it makes sense.  (As I lay the model out in words, I want you to look at the relationships you have in your life and see how they correlate.)  A solid relationship starts with getting to know someone.
1. You need to know someone at a higher level than you trust them.
2. You shouldn't rely on someone more than you trust them. 
3. Never commit more than you can rely on someone.
4. Do not touch more than your ability to commit.
It is interesting to think about.  I hope this model helps anyone who is seeking a relationship but hasn't been able to go about it in a successful way.

Hope you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment