Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sibling Love

Hope you all are having a Happy May! 
This week in my Family Relations class we reviewed a study done about siblings, specifically sisters.  What the study found was that having a sister protected adolescents from feeling lonely, unloved, guilty, self-conscious and fearful.  "Having a loving sibling of either gender promoted good deeds, such as helping a neighbor or watching out for other kids at school... loving siblings fostered charitable attitudes more than loving parents did." 
Interesting right?  I just wanted to say how grateful I am for my siblings, brother and sisters.  I am also so grateful for my brother and sister in-law.  I have been changed for knowing them, and it was definitely for the better.  I also want to add my belief in the importance of having multiple children and how it will truly benefit the children in development and having a sense of belonging. 
I hope you all can love and appreciate your siblings in ways that are special to you. 
Love,  Kirsten

P.S.  here is the link to the study if you are interested:
Sisters give siblings better mental health

No comments:

Post a Comment