Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tammy's Example

Hello everyone,

In my Family Relations class this week we viewed some videos that were very intriguing.  They were some clips from a documentary called, "People Like Us: Social Class in America."  There was one that I particularly liked and was moved by.  It was about a woman named Tammy, and even with odds and judgmental people going against her, she was trying her best to make a better life for her and her children.  I invite you to watch it, it is about 7 minutes.  Tammy's Story

I feel for both Tammy and her children and I recognize that because of the overall situation it creates issues and heart ache for everyone.  I have been taught the importance of education and hard work.  Education is a large predictor of someones ultimate outcome in life.  Education is a wealth in itself.  Tammy's and her son's goals and desires are so great, and after I watched this I was really hoping someone would step in a be willing to help this struggling family.  I think it is better and "best" to lift one another up as a humanity, as neighbors and as brothers and sisters.  I encourage each of you reading this to develop great goals and continually work toward them and then create new goals.  I also encourage you to find an opportunity to help someone every day.  It will be a blessing in your life. 

- Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, Thank you for leading the way and showing us how to use technology to draw family closer together. Following your example I have determined to start a family blog for the Grandma and Grandpa Young family. I have even taken the first step to create a blog and start experimenting with it. I am excited at the prospect of communicating uplifting and encouraging information to family now spread all over the country. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I have had this opportunity and I would love to see Young family blog. Cool! I gained such great knowledge and I know that these are things that can help people if they want to apply it in their life. Thank you for your support in this blog.

      Delete